Minimising Stress and Maximising Resilience
Welcome to our Minimising Stress and Maximising Resilience course.
Enriching your knowledge and understanding of the vital skill of resilience is a great decision, especially during uncertain times.
Resilience is a skill, which means it can be learnt and once you’ve learnt it, it never goes away, your insight will have expanded and can never go back.
This course will guide you through the process, taking you through a roadmap of tried and tested methods that enable you to continue your journey into the rest of your life knowing that you are equipped to face anything life throws at you and you’ll be able to handle it just fine.
Everyone can benefit from the wealth of knowledge and expertise this course has to offer!
What to expect...
- Bitesize modules and practical exercises that you can consume at your own pace or all in one go
- Guidance and insight from a highly qualified coach and resilience expert
- Exclusive access to concepts and ideas developed after many years experience by author Cat Williams
- A guided process taking you on a journey to develop your knowledge and learning
- Opportunity to test your learning and create your very own Minimising Stress & Maximising Resilience Action Plan
Hello, I'm Cat. Since I began my career as a Physiotherapist more than 20 years ago I have been studying and teaching resilience, which I view as being able to move through a period of challenge or change while remaining in, or emerging into, a place of calm, control and empowerment, the place that we all want to be where we can achieve our full potential no matter what is going on around us.
In my personal life as a military wife, I have done this countless times using the roadmap and skills I teach on this course, and as a coach, speaker and psychological therapist I show and give people the user instructions to take their brilliant body and mind from a place where they have lost perhaps their sense of control or clarity, or their confidence, focus or purpose, and I guide them through the steps to finding and releasing the certainty, confidence and strength within themselves to face and embrace anything and everything life has to throw at them, and that’s what I’ll do for you in this short course.
What you will achieve...
✓ Understand the difference between self-confidence, self-worth, self-respect and self-esteem and which one could do with a boost
✓ Discover how to instruct your mind to give you what you want
✓ Explore the power of cognitive behavioural therapy
✓ Learn about cognitive filters, defence mechanisms and fight/flight instincts that can hold you back
✓ Realise the powerful influence of your imagination
✓ Acquire reframing techniques for coping with negative feedback, bullying or poor self-image
✓ Understand how powerful self-talk is
✓ Discover your strengths and who can complement your strengths and help you the most
✓ Identify the most effective positive coping strategies that work for you
✓ Create your own action plan for a more resilient future
About this course...
There are 10 short modules that use the metaphor of a hot air balloon to shape the structure of the course.
- Module 1 begins with the flame of the balloon which is all about the four main things that make up how we feel about ourselves and what makes us shine when we are at our best.
- Module 2 - is about the strings that connect the basket to the balloon and this is about our mind-set and the rules of the mind
- Module 3 - is about the heavy basket which represents the stress that weighs us down, this module focuses on reducing that weight
- Module 4 - looks at the ropes of the balloon, which represent things we instinctively do, especially when we are stressed, that end up getting in our way and holding us back
- Module 5 - is where we start filling the balloon starting with how to use one of the greatest powers we possess, the power of our imagination
- Modules 6 - 9 - continue to focus on filling the balloon with concepts such as Reframing, Self-Talk, Strengths Psychology and finally 10 effective stress-busting and resilience-building positive coping strategies.
- Module 10 brings it all together with a multiple choice quiz to summarise the whole course and highlight just how much you’ve learnt and are taking away with you. Then you complete your own resilience balloon as a personalised reminder of your main learning points and things to put into immediate action to achieve results.
What Cat's clients say about her...
"I did a fantastic strength session with Cat yesterday, loved learning about what lifts us, and what we find challenging and how we can dial it up or down to be at our best "